1. Cut carbs---carbs turn to sugar in the body and then to fat--who needs em? okay so carbs are in almost everything so its near impossible to cut them completely...but stay away from bread/potato's/flour/and starchy foods.
2. Low Calorie---No matter how much you exercise, if you're eating excess calories it will lead to weight gain, restrict calories to a healthy amount, i eat 1200 a day 1500 if i get plenty of exercise that day.
3. Cut sugar---This is an obvious one, sugar is Bad..but like carbs is found in most things, so you have to check labels and make sure what you eat is low in sugar--natural sugar found in fruit is enough for the body, we don't need all the extra sugar hiding in everything else. DONT eat sugar free foods!..most still contain sugar alcohol and other sugar flavored chemicals (just not good for the body) No diet sodas
4. Lots of healthy protein---Eggs, Turkey, Chicken, Fish
5. Lots of water---you've probably heard it said before, but sometimes your body really does think it's hungry when it's really just thirsty, drink lots of water, it flushes out all the toxins from the body and keeps your organs healthy.
6. Exercise--another obvious one--but important for overall health
7. Don't get bored--boredom leads to eating when your not hungry alot of times (at least for me) so stay busy, find things to do.
8. Have healthy snacks ready--i snack on celery, sliced cucumbers, apple slices etc
9. NO CHEAT DAYS--don't allow yourself days to just eat whatever junk you feel like eating, because at the end of the day who are you cheating? It's your life, why would you want to cheat yourself? It's not worth it..YES there will always be days when you mess up a little and eat things you shouldn't..no big deal tomorrows another day, you can get back on track....but don't plan to mess up, cheat days are just a pointless way to undo your hard work and set you off track.
10. No Excuses---Don't make excuses for yourself
11. Avoid eating out--even a salad at a restaurant can be very high in fat and calories, when they load it with croutons, dressing and cheese...i just avoid eating out all together, but if i do grilled chicken or baked fish are good choices